1. The tournament starts sharp at 11am CET. Players are expected to report sharp at 10:25am. The general rules would be briefed from 10:30 to 10:45am. The games would start sharp at 11:00am.
2. Outside food is not allowed within the premises.
3. A one hour break would be given from 13:00 - 14:00 CET
4. The shuttlecocks used in the tournament will be the Yonex Mavis 350 (blue cap, yellow colored)
5. No walkover is allowed except for an injury, any unethical practice will lead to disqualification of the team
6. It is mandatory to return the shuttlecock to the organizers after playing.
7. The decision of the match umpire will be final.
8. Players are to bring their own badminton rackets.
9. All players must wear indoor shoes during the matches.
1. In the group Stage, each team plays all the teams in their own group of one game each of 21 points. At the end of the group Stage the top 2 teams qualify for the next round.
For men, there would 7 groups consisting of 4 teams each and women will have 3 groups consisting of 4 teams each. This is subject to change, considering the actual number of teams participating in the tournament.
From the next round onwards, the match would be the best of three games of 21 points.
2. The shuttlecocks used in the tournament will be Yonex Mavis 350 (blue cap, yellow colored)
3. The pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
4. For all matches, at 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
5. For the knockouts, since it will be a set of 3 games, the player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
6. All matches will be played in four opposing players (doubles) (men and women separate).
7. A point is scored when the shuttlecock lands inside the opponent's court or if a returned shuttlecock hits the net or lands outside of the court the player will lose the point.
At the start of the rally, the server and receiver stand in diagonally opposite service courts.
8. A legal serve must be hit diagonally over the net and across the court.
9. A badminton serve must be hit underarm and below the server's waist height with the racquet shaft pointing downwards, the shuttlecock is not allowed to bounce. After a point is won, the players will move to the opposite serving stations for the next point.
10. The rules do not allow second serves.
11. During a point a player can return the shuttlecock from inside and outside of the court.
12. A player is not able to touch the net with any part of their body or racket.
13. A player must not deliberately distract their opponent.
14. A player is not able to hit the shuttlecock twice.
15. Note: this is about the men's doubles category only.
After the group Stage, there will be 14 teams moving to the next round. The winning teams in the round of 14 automatically qualifies for the next stage- quarter finals, so there would be 7 winners who directly go to the quarter finals. One losing team (the team losing with the lowest margin out of the 7 losing teams) will also proceed to the quarters.
Thereafter, the format will continue with a knockout in the quarters.